At Canine Hydrocare we are fortunate to have an on site Physiotherapist.
Bounce Back Veterinary Physiotherapy offers specialist small animal physiotherapy services.
Established by Daisy Huxtable who holds a Masters Degree in Veterinary Physiotherapy for both large and small animals, fully insured Daisy uses physiotherapy to aid optimum performance, maintain health and mobility, enhance healing and help prevent future injury within the animals she treats.
There are a number of reasons why an animal might require physiotherapy these include:
- Increase performance
- post-injury to aid healing
- post-surgical rehabilitation
- preventing injury
- increase quality of life and aiding the day to day well-being of your animal
Each session will include a full assessment of your animal including - Static assessment, postural assessment, dynamic assessment, palpation and range of motion along with its history. The assessment provides information on the animal in regard to any areas of pain or discomfort allowing then for a treatment plan to be designed for each individual, ensuring their specific needs are met.
Within these treatments plans a wide range of therapies will be used including the us of
Manual Therapies- Soft tissue massage, Myofascial release, Trigger point release and Joint mobilisation.
Exercise Therapies- Stretches: Passive, baited, reflex, Proprioceptive retraining exercises, Core stability exercises and Hydrotherapy.
Electrotherapies- Laser, Pulsed electromagnetic therapy, Ultrasound, TENS, NMES and Hot and Cold Therapy.
As a Veterinary Physiotherapist we are governed under the Veterinary Surgeons Act (1966) and therefore require Veterinary approval before any treatment can commence, ensuring your animals receive the highest standard of care.
Benefits of Physiotherapy are:
- Increasing well-being
- Increased range of motion and flexibility
- Quicker recovery post-operative and post-injury
- Enhances healing, improving recovery
- Improves scar tissue formation
- Aim to prevent surgery in some cases
- Reduction of inflammation, swelling and muscle spasm
- Pain relief
- Relieving muscular tension
- Increase performance
- Increase muscle tone, strength and conditioning
- Aid restoration of function
- Decrease compensation
- Decrease risk of injury
- Strengthening muscular weakness and imbalances
- Improve posture and proprioception